Let me start with the pretense that I LOVE brussel sprouts. It's almost an unnormal addiction but I cook brussel sprouts as much as 3 times a week. Not to the happiness of my boyfreind who was used to eating big mac's before I came along and is now eating yummy fresh greens and cabbage family foods on the reg. Well.. 10 downing has some of the best brussels' I've tried ever. They are slow roasted and super soft like they have been getting juicer and juicier every minute knowing that I would LOVE them that way. The best part about the brussels' is that they have a quail egg on the side and you use the qual juice (love to say that now) and spread the quail juice all around the brussels. They were incredible! I would have ordered 3 and called it a night.
My freind Juliana had the Black Bass which looked also quite awesome and I had the chicken dish with preserved lemon. It was served with yummy chicken juice saoked croutons. LIke who could have imagined something more delicious than, let me repeat "Chicken juice soaked croutons"! Seriously, did they like get in my wet food dreams and then put that on their menu!!!?? Yes they did.
The wine was also delicious, we had a beaujolais, fruity and lovely at the same time. I had 3 glasses of it and wanted morreee..
Decor was fabulous and location was perfecto.. just one block away from the west 4th street train stop and a corner place. I have a thing for corner restaurants, i just decided they need to step up their game since they take up two streets!
All around, the service was great too with a nice coat check girl, which I always appreciate. Who want's to give your coat to someone with an attitude. Oh, and the bathrooms smelled incredible.
Go go go! Totally average pricing, nothing that will break the bank. Unless your bank is say Washington Mutual.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

the bass i had was ridiculous! and those brusseld sprouts!! HOLY FOOD GODS! so damn good, my mouth just salivated reading the post.
ReplyDeletelets go again!